Permaculture is the conscious design of 'cultivated' ecosystems that have the diversity, stability, and resilience of natural ecosystems. It is a harmonious integration of people into the landscape in such a way that the land grows in richness, productivity and aesthetic beauty. (permaculture.net - Washburn TN PDC)
To learn more about permaculture check out: http://permacultureprinciples.com/
Examples of permaculture at the farm:
The Permaculture Ethics
The 12 Permaculture Principles
1. Observe and Interact
2. Catch and Store Energy
3. Obtain a Yield
4. Apply Self-Regulation and Accept Feedback
5. Use and Value Renewable Resources and Services
6. Produce No Waste
7. Design From Patterns to Details
8. Integrate Rather Than Segregate
9. Use Small and Slow Solutions
10. Use and Value Diversity
11. Use Edges and Value the Marginal
12. Creatively Use and Respond to Change
These principles guide our choices about the design and management of the farm.
Donations help us fund on-going
building, agriculture, permaculture,
and other projects. We are a 501(c)3
Non-Profit - donations are tax deductible.
What is Permaculture?